Buy Social is a way to maximise the benefits from public procurement in terms of personal well-being, social cohesion and inclusion, equal opportunities and sustainable development.
The Buy Social Unit assists Northern Ireland Government Departments, and their agencies and arm’s length bodies, to design, implement and monitor Buy Social clauses included in public contracts that are designed to improve well-being in Northern Ireland.
Buy Social NI: homepage
Buy Social is about delivering real benefits to communities
These benefits include:
- Targeted recruitment and training for people who are long-term unemployed and leaving education
- Employability opportunities for people who are disadvantaged in the labour market or are at risk of social exclusion
- Working with schools and colleges to enrich the curriculum
- Skills development, including digital inclusion initiatives
- Fair work practices
- Opportunities for Social Enterprises, SMEs and micro business entities